Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dark Day Delusions


This whole issue of 2012 being pretty much the end of times is totally absurd. I used to really enjoy watching the History Channel and also History Channel International because they actually informed me about history. Now they seem to show way too many programs about this 2012 thing way too much. As you can tell by the nature of this blog, I'm very interested in post-apocalyptic fiction as well as dystopia because they are so closely related in the modern human psyche. However, as an adult I now realize that it just fiction. It is most certainly a large mine to dig for fiction ideas but I really don't think it will ever happen. I seriously worried about it when I was younger but now I sort of chuckle at that 80's paranoia I had. Nothing is going to totally destroy our modern society and yet we still contemplate it. I think this is ultimately tied to our own thoughts about mortality and that when we die, the whole world dies with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment