Monday, February 27, 2012

A Pox Upon Me



This week I caught a nasty little virus which had me pretty much bedridden for several days. It was quite miserable but it made me think about a plague being one of the causes of an apocalypse in the O.M.E.G.A. Future World setting. The Mutant Future rulebook touches upon the subject of not thinking too hard about the reason for the apocalypse when playing the game, but I do think some sort of background improves the flavor of a game setting. I like the idea of the Wild Cards series of books and it seems to be a good concept to swipe for Mutant Future. Maybe not being the sole reason but a factor in which the apocalypse was indeed based on four factors representing the modern apocryphal interpretation of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. The whole series of thoughts on a plague ravaging the planet made me want to play Pandemic 2, except for the fact that I don't want to have to deal with that Madagascar issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment