Thursday, February 9, 2012

Back to the Future


There have been a lot of gaming bloggers posting about how the first edition of Metamorphosis Alpha is now back in print and that makes me feel good about the rebirth of old school gaming. You can purchase a PDF copy of it or get an actual physical reprint of it.

I'm a proud owner of an actual copy of the original game, even though I've never played it. Many years ago I was lucky enough to win the bid for it while at a convention's charity auction. I'll have to admit that I really got it for a steal because I don't think most of the bidders even knew what it was and it was also late on the last day of the con. It is easily the oldest gaming item that I own. Right now it is boxed up with some of my old gaming books and in storage but I'll more than likely buy a copy of this reprint just to show my support for James M. Ward. I know I'm a little late on posting about this when it comes to fandom bloggers but I thought I'd at least give it a mention.

No comments:

Post a Comment